W H Heppel and Co of Newcastle Flint Glass Works registered designs between 1874 and 1882. There is not much known about their glassmaking, although they were known as iron founders, especially of glass mould castings. There are no catalogues or pattern books, but the firm registered some designs.
In 1880, they were advertising goods in flint, opal and marble glass. Designs included jugs and basins in the shape of coal scuttles, wheelbarrows, and coal trucks, Fish and seashell designs were also registered.
In the 1880’s, Davidson’s acquired Heppel’s moulds and patterns.